McCormick Armstrong is proud to be an FSC® Certified Printer
We are all looking for ways to reduce negative impacts on the environment. When it comes to your marketing and print material, you should not have to choose between quality and environmentally green printing. McCormick Armstrong proudly uses green printing practices and recycled paper in order to help preserve the environment. We offer several basic eco-friendly solutions that will allow you to reach your sustainability goals.
Forest Stewardship CouncilTM Certified
FSC is an independent, not-for-profit organization that promotes responsible management of the world’s forests. Products with the FSC label are independently certified as being from forests that are managed to meet the social, economic and ecological needs of present and future generations.
Learn more at http://us.fsc.org/
The Rainforest Alliance is an international nonprofit organization with over 20 years experience in the development and promotion of sustainable standards in farming, forestry and tourism. These standards protect the environment and promote the well-being of workers, their families and their communities. To learn more about the Rainforest Alliance, visit www.rainforest-alliance.org.
Environmentally Friendly Printing Practices
- We have reduced VOC (volatile organic compound) emissions through the use of vegetable based inks versus the traditional pretroleum-based inks.
- Much of our house stock contains 10% post-consumer recylcled content or is FSC Certified paper.
- Our non-toxic, water-based aqueous coatings are 100% biodegradable. This finish, which we recommend, not only allows the product to withstand scuffing but allows unused pieces to be recycled.
- Our waste paper and printing plates are recycled.
- We recycle our solvents and employ chemical recycling strategies that reduce hazardous waste streams
- We significantly reduce paper waste in printing and binding operations through greater efficiencies and updated equipment